Periodontal Flap Surgery, which is also known as pocket depth reduction, your periodontist folds the gum back away from the tooth. Periodontal Flap surgery is suggested in many cases where pocketing depths have reached a level that makes protection or purification difficult. It is often connected with areas of bone loss and inflammation of the gum tissue around the teeth.
Periodontal flap surgery has surgical and non-surgical methods.
Non surgical method includes:
- Dental Prophylaxis: treatment of prevention periodontal diseases, by using a method oral scaling and polishing at the clinic.
- Oral Hygiene: if the disease is on the preliminary stage dentist may suggest mouth wash and revised brushing techniques.
- Root Planing: root planing is the method by the smoothing the root surface of the tissue, so that a high chance for reattachment of teeth and gum.
- Scaling: in order to remove Plaque, calculus, and stains will be removed from root surfaces, periodical scaling is done. This procedure involves the instrumentation of crown and root surface of the teeth.
Rather than non- surgical methods there is surgical procedures:
- Gingivoplasty: Gingivoplasty or gingival flap surgery is the surgical reshaping of the outer surface of the gums and it’s usually done in combination with gingivectomy.
- Soft Tissue Grafts: There are many types of soft tissue grafts. This type of graft involves taking a small piece of tissue from the surface skin on the roof of the mouth and transplanting it to areas in the mouth that are lacking.
- Gingival Curettage: Gingival curettage is a surgical procedure designed to remove the soft tissue lining ofthe periodontal pocket with a curet, leaving only a gingival connective tissue lining.
- Gingivectomy: The first step in a gingivectomy, or gum-removal procedure, is making sure that all of the involved areas are completely numb with a local anesthetic. Your dentist then carefully makes a small incision and removes the excess gum tissue.
- Periodontal Flap Surgery: Periodontal Flap surgery is suggested in many cases where pocketing depths have reached a level that makes protection or purification difficult.
- Bone or Gingival Augmentation: This is a surgical procedure which uses a barrier membrane and or bone graft replacement material placed under the gum and over the remaining bone support (ridge or jaw bone) to aid the regeneration of new bone in an area where teeth are being extracted or have already been removed.
- Crown Lengthening: Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure performed by a dentist to expose a greater amount of tooth structure for the purpose of subsequently restoring the tooth prosthetically.
These process can be done at Deivam dental clinic with fair and affordable rate.