Braces are an orthodontic treatment used to straighten or moves teeth to improve the appearance of the teeth and how they work. There are two types of braces available in the market one is permanent, the other dismantling type one. They can be made of metal, plastic or ceramic. Invisible braces are made of a clear plastic.
Advantages of metal bracing
- Metal brackets tend to be the least expensive of all the types of braces.
- They tend to take the least amount of time among all the types of braces.
- You can choose a darker ligature, which will not show curry, smoking, or black coffee stains.
- Self-ligating brackets do not contain rubber ligatures, so staining will never be a problem.
- They are strong and rarely break.
- The golden brackets are different, novel, and generally look nice.
- Viazis Brackets and self-ligating brackets can complete treatment in a shorter time with less pain; however orthodontists need special training in these systems, and they not available everywhere.
Like the advantages it also has disadvantages too
- They are more visible than ceramic and Invisalign.
- They tend to be a bit less comfortable at first, (but that feeling wears off after a couple of weeks).
- When you have a canker sore, they tend to irritate your gums more than ceramic brackets.
What ever be the disadvanges Dr. Rajarajan is here to heal every problem related to your dent.
Read about otherOrthodontic Treatment methods
Read aboutCeramic Braces